The Product module defines the following models: Category of Unit of
Measure, Unit of Measure, Product Template, Product and Product
Category of Unit of Measure
A Category of Unit of Measure is simply defined by a name.
Unit of Measure
A Unit of Measure is defined by:
- UOM category.
- Rate and a Factor (the later is the inverse of the former).
- Rounding Precision and Display Digits, used to round and display
quantities expressed in the given UOM.
- Active, allow to disable a UOM.
The Product Category Model is just composed of a name. Product
Categories are organised in a tree structure.
Product Template and Product
The product concept in Tryton is composed of two models: Product
Template and Product.
The Product Template model contains the following fields:
- Type, whose value can be Goods, Assets, Service.
- List Price, the default sale price expressed in the List Price UOM.
- List Price UOM.
- Cost Price, the cost for one unit of this product expressed in the
Cost Price UOM.
- Cost Price UOM.
- Cost Price Method, which can be Fixed or Average. Defines how
the cost price should be updated. Fixed means that the cost price
stay unchanged. Average means that the cost price is the average
cost of all the items that are in stock.
- Default UOM. The default UOM for this product. Used for example to
express stock levels.
- Active, allow to disable a product.
The Product model extend the Product Template with two fields: Code
The product module uses the section product to retrieve some parameters:
- price_decimal: defines the number of decimal with which the unit prices are
stored. The default value is 4.
It can not be lowered once a database is created.