The purchase module defines the Purchase model.
The purchase is mainly defined by a party from which the products will
be purchased and a list of purchase lines, each one containing a
product and a quantity. Here is the extensive list of the fields, most
of them are optional or completed with sensible default values:
- Party: The supplier.
- Invoice Address: The invoice address of the supplier.
- Supplier Reference: Allow to keep track of the supplier reference
for this order.
- Description: An optional description for the order.
- Number: The internal reference of the purchase (will be generated
automatically on confirmation).
- Reference: The optional external reference of the order.
- Purchase Date: The date the purchase is made.
- Payment Term: Define which payment term will be use for the future
- Warehouse: Define the warehouse where the shipment will be made.
- Currency: define the currency to use for this purchase. All product
prices will be computed accordingly.
- Purchase Lines:
- Type: The type of the line. The default value is Line which
means that the current purchase line contains the fields defined
hereunder. The other values of Type (Comment, Subtotal,
Title) are used to add extra lines that will appear on the
report, thus allowing to easily customise it.
- Sequence: Allow to order lines. The value of this field is also
updated with a drag and drop between the lines.
- Product: An optional reference to the product to purchase.
- Description: The description of the product to purchase.
- Quantity: The quantity to purchase.
- Unit: The unit of measure in which is expressed the quantity.
- Unit Price: The unit price of the product expressed in the
currency of the purchase.
- Amount: The amount of the current line (Unit Price multiplied by
- Taxes: The list of taxes that will be applied to the current line.
- Invoice State: The state of the invoice related to the purchase.
- Shipment State: The state of the shipment related to the purchase.
- Untaxed: The untaxed amount.
- Tax: The tax amount.
- Total: The total amount.
- State: The state of the purchase. May take one of the following
values: Draft, Quotation, Confirmed, Cancelled.
- Company: The company which issue the purchase order.
- Invoice Method: May take one of the following values:
- Base on order: The invoice is created when the purchase order is confirmed.
- Base on shipment: The invoice is created when the shipment is
received and will contains the shipped quantities. If there are
several shipments for the same purchase, several invoices will be
- Manual: Tryton doesn’t create any invoice automatically.
- Comments: A text fields to add custom comments.
- Invoices: The list of related invoices.
- Moves: The list of related stock moves.
- Shipments: The list of related shipments.
- Return Shipments: The list of the related shipment returns. If a Supplier
Return location is defined on warehouse it will be used on return shipments
as origin location. Otherwise the warehouse storage location will be used.
The Purchase report allow to print the purchase orders or to send
them by mail.