The sale module defines the Sale model.
The sale is mainly defined by a party to which the products will be sold and a list of sale lines, each one containing a product and a quantity. Here is the extensive list of the fields, most of them are optional or completed with sensible default values:
Party: The customer.
Invoice Address: The invoice address of the customer.
Shipment Party: An optional different party where the shipment will be sent.
Shipment Address: The address where the shipment will be sent.
Description: An optional description for the order.
Number: The internal reference of the sale (will be generated automatically on confirmation).
Reference: The optional external reference of the order.
Sale Date: The date the sale is made.
Payment Term: Define which payment term will be use for the future invoice.
Warehouse: Define the warehouse from which the goods will be sent.
Currency: define the currency to use for this sale. All product prices will be computed accordingly.
- Type: The type of the line. The default value is Line which means that the current sale line contains the fields defined hereunder. The other values of Type (Comment, Subtotal, Title) are used to add extra lines that will appear on the report, thus allowing to easily customise it.
- Sequence: Allow to order lines. The value of this field is also updated with a drag and drop between the lines.
- Product: An optional reference to the product to sale.
- Description: The description of the product to sale.
- Quantity: The quantity to sale.
- Unit: The unit of measure in which is expressed the quantity.
- Unit Price: The unit price of the product expressed in the currency of the sale.
- Amount: The amount of the current line (Unit Price multiplied by Quantity).
- Taxes: The list of taxes that will be applied to the current line.
Invoice State: The state of the invoice related to the sale.
Shipment State: The state of the shipment related to the sale.
Untaxed: The untaxed amount.
Tax: The tax amount.
Total: The total amount.
State: The state of the sale. May take one of the following values: Draft, Quotation, Confirmed, Processing, Cancelled.
Company: The company which issue the sale order.
Invoice Method: May take one of the following values:
- On Order Processed: The invoice is created when the sale order is processed.
- On Shipment Sent: The invoice is created when the shipment is sent and will contains the shipped quantities. If there are several shipments for the same sale, several invoices will be created.
- Manual: Tryton doesn’t create any invoice automatically.
Shipment Method: May take one of the following values:
- On Order Processed: The customer shipment is created when the sale order is processed.
- On Invoice Paid: The customer shipment is created when the invoice is paid.
- Manual: Tryton doesn’t create any shipment automatically.
One should note that choosing On Shipment Sent for the Invoice Method and On Invoice Paid for the Shipment Method is an invalid combination.
Comments: A text fields to add custom comments.
Invoices: The list of related invoices.
Moves: The list of related stock moves.
Shipments: The list of related shipments.
Return Shipments: The list of related shipments return.
The Sale report allow to print the sale orders or to send them by mail.